the life of a wild woman

Friday, July 13, 2007

a farewell

At my main school, they had a ceremony for me with lots of flowers and gifts which surprised the hell outta me. I really didn't do much there except type away on the internet. The Kocho sensei even spoke in English for me. I was floored. The students gave a speech about how tall I was and how cool I was. I don't think there will ever be a girl as tall as me in this school. I secretly hope all of my students will compare the next teachers with me and say I was way cooler.

Last night at my final adult English class, we had sushi and drinks and talked about what we wanted to do in the next 6 to 12 months. A guy that looks like a Japanese Yoda hoped that he would not die. I secretly let out a chuckle. Many talked about speaking English more. They were curious what Rachel and I would be doing when we got back. They still can't believe how much we travel. I guess that is what you get if you don't take your holiday. (I took more than I was given but someone can't add.)

The typhoon is around the Japan area and is pouring on me. My clothes will never get dry and mold is setting in everywhere. AHHHHHH good thing I am not allergic to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home