the life of a wild woman

Monday, July 09, 2007

steamy hot

That is the definition of humid in Japan: steamy hot. Well now that is so humid in my house and everywhere I go, I have developed a case of mold on my tatami mats. I would just like to clarify that it was under my bed that doesn't touch the floor. So tonight, I am going to have to move everything around and clean the green stuff up.

I went to a beach party in Tottori (north of Okayama on the ocean). I managed to stay up later than 10PM. I got some sun and swam in the water. It was a lovely time, but I really didn't pay attention to the music. I lit ONE firework (singular) for the pyro side of me. It was small but was pretty in the sky. It was definately hard to keep the sand from somehow becoming your new make-up.

I have said some of my goodbyes to my schools and each grade has made me a book or something so I can remember them by. I got totally decked out in paper jewellry by my 2nd graders. I had 15 bracelets, a crown, belt, and necklace. (they told me that they knew I liked jewellry) The belt even had rubberbands on it to make it different sizes, but what they didn:t know what my bum is quite larger than normal Japanese bums. I broke the belt but nothing that tape can't fix. Now I am just figuring out if I can skip my other days when I am not teaching.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home